Cyber security or online security is no longer the only thing of concern in the IT field. It is a concern of every individual who is an internet user for a large or small purpose. With our increase in the use of internet cyber threats and attacks are also increasing. Cyber bullies and hackers use more advanced techniques to target the system. The only thing that allows people to be fooled by their tricks is a lack of personal cybersecurity knowledge.
How to keep yourself safe online?
Firstly, to make sure you are safe online, make sure you choose a reliable and secure internet connection.
Once you have successfully secured a network, you can take security measures on your part to ensure your cyber security such as:
- Avoid opening emails you receive from strangers.
- Be careful when using insecure public Wi-Fi.
- Keep all your accounts secure with strong passwords.
- Keep your device up to date.
- Do not click on random links that appear on your screen.
- Make sure you surf the web safely.
- Be careful with your confidential information about personal/financial accounts.
- Avoid sharing too much personal information publicly.
- Use the two -factor verification method.
- Use the latest and upgraded version of anti-virus software.
- Avoid downloading anything from unsafe websites.
What is the importance of cyber security?
Cybersecurity is important as it relates to protecting your data, programs, networks, personal information, personal assets and everything online from unauthorized or unsupervised access, damage or hacking. Cybersecurity not only protects data and helps to obtain information but also prevents our systems from virus attacks.
With an updated cybersecurity program, your organization can defend itself from breach campaigns and from the target of cyber bullies. Nowadays, all of our activities are switching to online mode, from shopping to bank transfers, from business to personal communications, each of us has enough data for cybercriminals to contact and use it against us for their own benefit.
Cyber security is very important to us because it allows us to be online without fear of theft, hacking or blackmail. It has become more like a necessity to educate yourself about common scams like phishing and complex attacks like hostage software attacks and malware attacks. When you are educated enough about this topic, you will know how to deal with this and what to do if you face any cyber threats in the future.
Credit to: https://bit.ly/3oZ2KAy